Beta Project: My First Pendant Lamp

This is beautiful, Ryan! Wow.

4 Likes

It’s really wonderful! Thank you for sharing this :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is one of those projects that makes me really antsy to get my hands on a Glowforge. Thank for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are incredible! I love it!

2 Likes

If I did it out of acrylic, I’d use a combination of clear and opaque in a couple of colors or 3 o 4 translucent colors to soften the glare.

5 Likes

I’m speechless! it’s GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Salute to your artistry!
I really like the way the light washes the walls :sunglasses:

1 Like

Add in another wow for me too. How long does it take to cut out something that size and intricate?

1 Like

How is the light fixture attached to the shade. I have a light that I’m working on a shade for and am trying to figure out how to attach the shade.

2 Likes

Man, this forum is so rich in skill and artistry. Quite the technical and procedural how to resource. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok, that is really unique and cool looking! well done!

1 Like

Building an office in my basement and have a standard ceiling light fixture that I decided to leave and make a shade for it. Using black acrylic fir the top and bottom and a smoked grey translucent for the fins. May engrave the fins, not sure yet. The office walls are a light grey and the trim will be a medium dark grey. I think the shade will look awesome and really point out what the :glowforge: can do.

2 Likes

That is truly magnificent :grinning: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow! Love the lamp and the shading it produces. Most excellent!!

1 Like

Whoa! That is so awesome!!! Completely captivating in the room when lit! Love it.

1 Like

Beautiful work. I really love the shadows it casts.

1 Like

It is attached by the top ‘slot ring’ being pressed in between the fixture hardware and the screw on retaining ring. No glue or any adhesive used. Just slot fit tight. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whoa! That thing is intricate, and casts some cool shadows and patterns on the walls and ceiling. Nicely done!

3 Likes

simply Amazing

1 Like

I like the quality and your Design is very cool

Glowforge is magic!!

I look forward to mine !!

3 Likes