Beta Project: My First Pendant Lamp

Hi everyone!
Here’s some shots of my first laser cut pendant light. I created a new ‘circle design’ in vector, and adapted it to work in a ‘semi-circle’ panel insert for the lamp. I did go through a few trial and error tests to get the slot/insert tight and stable, but only really have these pics below of the final piece.

I think it turned out pretty cool, and I learned a lot about what I want to do next. :wink:

:proofgrade: Medium Maple Plywood, light fixture hardware bought via Amazon, led chandelier 60w equivalent clear bulb.

First pieces getting cut.

Just finished putting all the pieces together.

And some shots of it hanging!

Thanks for checking this project out! :slight_smile: <3

:glowforge: :proofgrade: :heavy_check_mark:
:bulb: :grin: :heart: :boom:

• R
163 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! Love the designs on the panels! Well done!

12 Likes

Stunning!

10 Likes

Wow, this is really nice and very creative.

8 Likes

Ohhhhhhh…kaaaaaay! (Yeah I’m hangin’ it up now.) :smile:
Exquisite.

7 Likes

Wooow! Shadows projected look like a forest, so cool! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Cool! I like the spiral affect in the center pieces too!

7 Likes

I love that design. Lamp shades have been something I’ve been thinking about for a while. This design is very appealing. (Great pics too :smile: )

6 Likes

Wow! So cool the way you did those slots!

4 Likes

Nailed it!

4 Likes

Well done. I like it a lot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Top notch.

4 Likes

Super cool!!!

2 Likes

Wowiwowowowowow wish I was that creative

3 Likes

It’s funny. When I see a new Made on a Glowforge posting, I usually pop it open, and scroll down to see what the item is, before returning to the top to read about it. Often, I will think to myself that this looks like the work of so and so. Half the time I am right. And half the time, it is someone else’s work with whom I have not yet had the pleasure of studying. So many very talented people are on here using the GF in different, aesthetically inspiring ways!

Terrific work @Ryan.M!

13 Likes

Holy CRAP!!! That’s GORGEOUS!!!

6 Likes

This is why I would have made a lousy Beta Tester and GF was smart not to burden me with one :slight_smile:

I’m not an artist.

I’ll just go back to the engineering side of things :blush:

3 Likes

All the best superlatives have been taken but wow, so much inspiration for future projects here. So many themes that this concept could work with.

5 Likes

This is a fantastic lamp! it does not at all project the light on the wall as I thought it would!

Looking forward at your next one.

4 Likes

This is truly stunning! I love lights anyway, but this one is so unique. I wonder if people would be blinded if it was made of acrylic! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us. You have every right to feel very proud of that.

5 Likes