"Beverage" Caddy - First Tabbed Box Project

Really nice job on this! And I think he’s going to have a chuckle at the title and logo, when he sees that old photo. ha

2 Likes

I was going to say the same thing - maybe cut and laminate the end pieces to be 1/2"?

2 Likes

Now that is a beautiful project. Customizing it makes it fabulous. Well done.

1 Like

Came out great (love the coloring!) Another option would be to have a small chain attached to
https://www.amazon.com/Bartender-Bottle-Opener-Opening-Handheld/dp/B076GY7FSP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528090861&sr=8-1&keywords=wooden+handle+beer+opener

which can also be lasered !

2 Likes

Thank you for the files! Love this

1 Like

Kewl lookin’ caddy! :wink:

1 Like

Apparently Inkscape will not import .AI files?

I think it opens them.

Tried went Google and found AI to SVG | CloudConvert

2 Likes

It should. What file are you having an issue with?

Oh, AI SVG files…yeah it should open those without a problem. (Use Open, not Import.)

._514.ai (239 Bytes)
I see it may be a bad load

1 Like

This is a great creation and I appreciate you sharing the files. It’s very finished looking, with the curved handle and the side openings so you can see the bottle labels. The bottle opener is a nice finishing touch. Great work.

1 Like

We had this issue with the Marvel aztec calendar I modified earlier this year and shared in the forum. There was something in the Illustrator SVG and Ai that Inkscape did not like.

The solution was to save the Illustrator file as a PDF and bring the PDF into Inkscape.

1 Like

I’ve opened files with the .ai extension with Inkscape, but that said you never know about version compatibility and any special feature saved in the .ai file.

Thanks so much for sharing! Will make one for the hubby :+1:

Yeah, that’s not a good file. Itshows as 239 bytes. I get a file error on that one.

Inkscape bifurcated support for AI files as pre-AI version 9 and post. But that shouldn’t be apparent to the user. I’ve opened other CS versions so it’s doing something to post-version 9 files to figure out how to open it and preserve the contents.

IIRC, one of those Marvel files has Preserve Illustrator Editing Capability (or whatever the option is called - not at computer) enabled. That inserts proprietary code into the SVG much like Inkscape SVGs do (instead of Plain SVGs). That might be enough to make Inkscape choke.

Yes one did, but there were still issues once that was turned off. Saving as a PDF fixed everything.

Really nicely done! I love how the (finish? wood color?) compliments the burned edges.

Was 1/4" wood necessary for the structural integrity? Could you have gotten away with 1/8" wood?