Beyond frustrated, my machine is stuck on Focusing and I can't use it

I made an engraving project and it all went smooth but now my machine is stuck on Focusing and I can’t use it. I’ve restarted it like 5 times already, did some cleaning, e-mail support since yesterday and I’m still awaiting a response and my machine is pretty much useless at the moment. What can I do to fix this?

Have you followed all the steps on this issue in the support troubleshooting guide?

Posting here opens another support ticket, so they will likely close this discussion and work with you via email as that ticket was opened first.

I’m so sorry you’ve hit a snag. It looks like you may have missed the reply from our team this morning so I wanted to check in both with troubleshooting steps and to see if you’d received the email from us earlier today.

Here’s what you should have received in email:

Thank you for reaching out. I’m so sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Glowforge.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step in which the lens focuses inside the printer head (you may hear this when it’s happening - there’s an audible “ticking” sound as the lens moves up and down in the head). There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Could you please check a few things for me to help narrow it down?

1. Check the printer head lens by following steps 1-5 from these instructions: Things That Need Wiping. If you see anything unusual such as damage to the lens or debris in the printer head, please take a photo of it and attach it to your reply
  2. If you are using magnets to secure material to the crumb tray of your Glowforge, please remove or reposition them and try again. Magnets placed close to the printer head may cause trouble during calibration
  3. Check the connection of the printer head to the white ribbon cable in the printer arm. Turn off your Glowforge, unplug the head, and plug it back in. Note whether the cable plugs back in securely and whether you feel it “click” into place

Please let me know what you find.

If you didn’t receive the email, feel free to let us know in this thread and we can continue troubleshooting here.

I’ve followed the provided steps and my machine is still stuck on Focusing even after restarting it.

I’m looking at this now with the team. Thanks for following up, and I’m sorry the trouble is still occurring. So we can continue troubleshooting in one place, I’m going to close this topic and I’ll follow up shortly via the email thread.