BIG Layered Geometric Art Panels

Incredible Work. These are at the very top of my Love It list. Thank You for sharing.

1 Like

They are about 5 pounds for both panels.

1 Like

Very inspiring work! Thank you for sharing these wonderful examples here with us!

1 Like

Awesome!! These are similar to some of the ideas I would like to test out, so I’m very happy to see the quality that you were able to crank out. Very nice attention to detail…

2 Likes

Wow - just. . . wow.

1 Like

These are amazing <3

1 Like

Holy-freaking-wow! They’ve come out great!

1 Like

Wow. I really want to see how you align/jig and glue these. That seems to be my biggest issue with larger layered models. They like to float around on me.

Patience…and lots of clamps!

3 Likes

Stupendous! I’m with @coloradocaver, this is very much what I hope to do once I get my GF. It’s great to see your successes!

Superb work. Very inspiring.

Awesome hardly says it.

Do you use a paint roller for applying the glue to the panel backs ?
It’s the only way I can think of to prevent excess glue creeping out.

:upside_down_face:

Yes, indeed!

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation.
I’m contemplating much smaller scale, and that’s one of the problems solved !

:upside_down_face:

That’s inspiring!

Tell me, do you have a process to reuse the waste material?

I have been contemplating putting a small hole that is in the same place in each layer with a bamboo skewer as one or more pins to put through to both achieve accuracy and extra strength.

I tried that but it didn’t work well for me on the larger pieces due to the natural warp in the plywood that I was using. It was much easier for me to manually align each layer prior to gluing and clamping. The alignment was just getting in the way and adding an unsightly hole to the art work.

I think that it could work well on a smaller scale.

No process is yet in place but I have been saving everything and have plans to use it in a future project.

This is hands down the nicest project I’ve seen on here. Could you possibly post the templates or instructions on how to make it? I would absolutely love to make this. Also where did you get your designs from?

If you go back and read through the links he posted in the first post, he describes his technique there. :slightly_smiling_face: