BIG Layered Geometric Art Panels

I was not planning an ugly hole but that the last bit had a hole only part way through and possibly a shallow engrave to further help align things. but a sliver wedge in the 3/16 bamboo skewers would hold on very tight if it were perpendicular to the grain so it did not split the grain. Done right they would be their own permanent clamp.

1 Like

I wonder if you would be willing to do a tutorial on how you make your patterns in Illustrator. I am still struggling to get that dark pen tool to listen to me!

Ah nice I’m already following you on Instagram! Definitely got me inspired with your stuff. Planning on doing my own layered panels of some kind.

These are really super. I would love to have a peek at one of the layered illustrator files sometime. Have you seen Eric Standley’s geometric work?

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2017/05/paper-artwork-eric-standley/

2 Likes

If I tried to do work like that I would end up in a quiet room cutting out paper dolls.

4 Likes

That’s probably a good first step down the path, actually.

3 Likes

Oh, my. I do love the idea above of maybe a dark-ish stain on the lower layers to give even more depth to the work. Is there some sort of oil you could use instead of polyeurothane? Linseed, or even olive oil. Just to give it a bit of a glow …

Beautiful, beautiful work. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Still great. #necrogame

2 Likes

@evansd2 Your game is working.

2 Likes

Bump! Amazing work!!!

1 Like