BIG Layered Geometric Art Panels

Hey all, despite the lack of posts, I have been very busy for the past 5-6 weeks. I’ve been posting on Instagram, though (link below–follow me if you’re so inclined). @dan saw some of my posts there and asked me to share in the forums–so here I am!

My Previous Posts for reference:
1. 11-Layer Geometric Art Panel
2. Layered Pineapple Art
3. Pikachu Mandala
4. Southwest Design
5. Geo-Rose

I have been focusing on pieces lately that are 10-12 layers, measuring around 19"x22" (that’s 20-24 12"x20" panels for each piece). I found a local source for red oak plywood, so that’s what I have been using mostly. There is one larger piece that’s Baltic Birch from Amazon.

I still haven’t settled on a finish for these. I have been doing tests with a satin finish spray polyurethane and have been mostly happy with the results. None of these have been sprayed yet, though. I would love some thoughts from the community.

163 Likes

Very cool. I’m wondering how very selective coloring would look perhaps on a deep layer. Nice design and well executed. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous! Something so awesome about the incredible intricacies, like a maze for your mind. I thing they are perfect as is! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

These are so gorgeous.

2 Likes

Breathtaking. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

Simply amazing! You have so much patience.

3 Likes

Stunning! Thank you for posting!

2 Likes

Love your stuff, I’ve been following you on IG for a while!

Care to share what you platform & software you design on and with?

Hi there! Everything is done in Adobe Illustrator. It’s about a 10-15+ hour process for doing the overall design and getting the files ready for the laser. If you’re familiar with Illustrator, you pretty much need to master the layers panel and the pathfinder tools in additional to the usual design tools.

5 Likes

I’m curious how you crop or mask the paths for export (in order to take your larger tool paths & split them into Layer 1 left & Layer a right etc).

I’m sure you make extensive use of grouping and locking the layers. It’s been a while since I’ve tinkered with PS / AI, but I seem to remember being able to toggle Masks to show/hide work.

Completely in awe at how gorgeous your pieces are! Wish I could produce stuff that looks half as nice as this!

2 Likes

These are simply amazing. You are very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

:blush:

I love these SO MUCH!!!

1 Like

Just breathtaking! All of them! And combined, incredible!:star_struck:

1 Like

5 Likes

These are awesome! How much do they weigh?

1 Like

I wondered where you went! Please keep posting your new stuff here. It’s so magnificent!

1 Like

absolutely beautiful.

1 Like