Big score at the vaccination place!

IMG_3416

Just had my second vaccine shot. Our county is well organized and a bunch of volunteers and professionals streamlined us through the process in no time. I’d brought 11 of these pins, and asked anyone passing me on to the next station if they wanted one. The response was more than I expected; they were all thrilled and put the pin on straight away. Soon I had people coming to me asking if they could have one. One person said someone else got a keychain (I’d brought other stuff to hand out) when I got my first shot and was thrilled to be a recipient this time. It made my day and theirs too I guess. If I’d brought a 100 they would still all be gone.

So, make as many of these as you want, and give away freely!

Obviously, only wear one if it is true!

vaccinated.pdf (28.6 KB)
For personal use only as per forum guidelines

Instructions

• I used the Premium Icons and tools as well as Inkscape to create the design.
  • Print the pin on proofgrade medium basswood ply.
  • Print the injection needle on proofgrade medium clear acrylic.
  • Use a clear glue; I use Bob Smith Industries BSI-139H Clear Super-Gold Super Glue
  • I’ve used either magnetic name badge holders or adhesive pin backs.
62 Likes

What a great give away!! I will be making some of these for our staff!!

6 Likes

Wonderful!
I know I need to make more too for friends…

6 Likes

I love this! People (myself included) seem to be very proud about having gotten their vaccine, so I’m not surprised this is such a big hit.

6 Likes

What a fun surprise for your fellow vaccine-getters!

8 Likes

Awesome! I can see why they would be popular.

I’ve been passing out Dove chocolates to all the vaccinators and helpers associated with getting us our shots, and they have been very well received. :laughing:

7 Likes

How very kind and generous.
Thank you!

4 Likes

I can see how that’s much appreciated! :chocolate_bar:

4 Likes

You’re very welcome!

1 Like

Great Design! Did you highlight the Virus with a sharpie afterwards?
I’m definitely making a few of these for when I get my second shot!

5 Likes

Thanks! I used a plain red pen, but sharpie would work too, of course. Good luck with your second shot.

4 Likes

This is NICE, thank you! I do fiber arts with a bunch of people in the medical field. They are looking worn down, so I will make some and give them away. Always nice to recognize someone for their hard work and compassion.

7 Likes

Wonderful!
P.s. you can’t make enough… :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

You are always so thoughtful of others. What a nice idea!

6 Likes

I agree

5 Likes

It actually made going a lot of fun. People became animated and there were actual conversations, rather than being shuffled through the lines.

5 Likes

These are adorable! I know what I’ll be making over the next week while I wait for my second shot :heart_eyes_cat:

5 Likes

Alright!!! You’ll get the “best patient of the day” award for sure.

4 Likes

Thanks for this! I’ve been looking for something like this to give to friends and family.

1 Like

Sweet!! As of next Tuesday we’re 14 days past our 2nd dose thankfully! These will be handy to give to friends and our adult kids.

Thanks!

4 Likes