Biggest glowforge project to date

Have been designing this piece for the past months and making smal scale prototypes of parts. Now finally started on the final fabrication. Taking in mind the cutting surface of the Glowforge and measurements for doors I came to a nice sizing. The final construction will be 6,15 x 1,5 x 2,4 meters.
Including 5 doors and multiple displays.
About 7 % on the way still long way to go :slight_smile:

100 Likes

Interesting piece. Please post as it progress’s.

3 Likes

Certainly will do

2 Likes

That is really beautiful. Please post more pictures along the way to the great completion.

2 Likes

Ambitious! Looking forward to seeing more.

3 Likes

Epic project. This is really cool

1 Like

Amazing! Show us the end result after 93% more completed!

2 Likes

Holy smokes! That is one huge project! It really looks like it is coming along nicely. Can’t wait to see the final installation.

3 Likes

One word… W. O. W. ! ! ! !

4 Likes

Oh my! What an interesting and complex project. Looking forward to seeing your progress and the finished piece.

2 Likes

Ok, that is a big project! Keep posting your progress!!

2 Likes

I can’t comprehend the scale, need a banana for reference :wink:

This is one of those projects that I never would have thought about. Thanks for sharing; I’m definitely looking forward to the progress posts!

2 Likes

Some amazing work!

A different take on one of the pile of rabbit-hole entrances I have not gotten to yet, I have been thinking in terms of making big from small parts but you have added a great insight as well! Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Okay, now we know why it’s been 9 months since we’ve heard from you ! Wow, that’s amazing ! You should set up a time lapse camera to film assembly that would be an awesome video… Is the final color going to be the natural wood?

That sounds like a good idea. With the next door I will set up a time-lapse.
Now I finished the wood I had, will order some more tomorrow.

I changed the design a bit to ad some drawers to my desk.

The final color wil be the red like in the 4th picture.

15 Likes

Not of assembly but disassembly as I’m of to painting till I get some new wood.

We have a wall like this in my office, only in one place two of the pieces are swapped. I can never un-see it!

2 Likes

Great work. Ask Dan to build a Glowforge XXL for you :slight_smile:
Nice and intricate design. Keep us posted…

This is amazing. What have you worked out in terms of time spent cutting individual pieces/fascia elements? How fast can you zip out a single square tile? I’m blown away with how awesome this looks.