Black Cable Circuit Connection - fried

Cleaned my Glowforge Pro two days ago and have engraved with no issues until this morning.

During start up sequence, LED lights flickered for a moment and then the circuit board (which connects the black cable) popped, sizzled and a small whiff of smoke occurred. The lights went out and the machine is “stuck in scanning”.

Please advise on way ahead and how to address through warranty. Machine is still under original warranty.

1 Like

Haven’t seen that before. Will get fixed. Hoping you aren’t down long.

1 Like

Strange, right? Don’t know how it happened.

Did you use a liquid like a class cleaner on the underside of the lid? One time I got a bit too much spray on the underside and it seeped in to the LEDs and I had some flicker. Shut off immediately and took an air gun to it to dry of. Perhaps a short from that

No sir.

1 Like

You let the magic smoke out!

Likely, just a defect in one of the components. Haven’t seen this on a Glowforge yet, however it was bound to happen.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I saw that you’ve already reached out to us via email, so I responded to you there to sort out the details and I’ll close this thread. I’m so sorry about the bad news.