My glowforge hasn’t changed from the “after” cut picture. It won’t retake a new picture and I’m having the usual centering problems, but the normal solutions aren’t working. I cleaned everything again with Zeiss wipes, checked all cable connections, tried moving the print head, etc. I pulled my log files and see error codes relating to the lid cable. I’ve reached out to support, but it’s been 24 hours without a response. I tried resetting my router and even brought the laser home to a different internet/computer. We have fiber at home, so I know it can’t be a slow internet issue.
Does anyone have a temporary solution to make the black cable work or better yet, a way to get a new black cable overnighted?
Where are you located? Also, in the meantime. you can pull your log files and send them to support to review:
1. Reboot your Glowforge and wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds
2. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
3. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
4. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
5. A .zip file should download to your computer
I’m in Michigan, US. I have the log file already downloaded, I’ve been looking at it, trying to figure out something myself. I’m planning on emailing it to them if they respond to my first email. I told them in the email that I downloaded it and sent them the 4 errors I was reading.
Emailing opens a ticket. Posting here opens a ticket - so now you have two. They all go into the same queue in the order they were received, and they will respond when an available tech pulls the next one from the queue. Support doesn’t browse the forum looking for posts.