Blank Color Background While Compiling Print

Hey everyone, Josh here. So im the type of person who likes to create my print before I even turn the Glowforge on and I thought it would be a good idea for there to be an option to set a white background or something that won’t hide the purple and orange lines before printing. That way I can get a clear image of what I will possibly be printing in the future.

Below is my image for reference. It uses the last print screen grab which shows the wood cut and its hard for me to visualize what im about to print. Feel free to ask for clarification.

1 Like

I have had the same thing happen. I solve it by turning on my GF and putting a masked sheet of wood in it. Hopefully someone else has a better solution.

1 Like

I use a Chrome Extension called Stylebot:

that can modify the style of various webpages you use.

I created a custom style for app.glowforge.com:

.bed-container {
  background-color: whitesmoke;
}

So my GFUI looks like:

If anyone is interested and needs help setting this up, let me know!

5 Likes

You can also place things on any of the area around the design interface. They won’t turn pink/orange, but the shades of grey change as you pass your mouse over the commands so you can still see what’s referring to what…

1 Like

you have some of the coolest ideas!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Those are all fantastic ideas. I’m going to make these suggestions to the product team.

It looks like this thread has become quiet, so I’m going to close it. Thanks everyone again for the suggestions.