Blown away by the things I can make!

Terrific project/ gift! Nice work. I think what you have done represents what the gf can do to the max!! Nice!!

2 Likes

That is wonderful!

1 Like

Exceptional gift. I’d love to try something like this someday. It looks great and I’m sure it sounds great too!

2 Likes

That’s truly astounding! If I ever grow talented, I’d love to try something like this.

4 Likes

What a great gift that will become an heirloom.

1 Like

Thanks! It sounds even better than I expected it to.

Thanks! No talent needed, just perseverence!

I have asked him for a video of him playing it. Fingers crossed I will get one.

1 Like

Thanks! I only wrapped the outside of the hinge. The electronics were around $40 and the other components (knobs, tailpiece, resonator) were around $35.

:laughing: A gift from a mother to a son and while no engraving depicting Hawaiian life, there is an inscription on the back.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m working on it.

1 Like

Wow! I think you’ve determined that the vote will be for handmade gifts from here on out! I am seriously impressed!

3 Likes

Wow! Very impressive! If you have more pics of the build process, you might consider entering this in an Instructables contest. It’s sure to be a winner!

1 Like

That is amazing!!! I bet that sounds amazing!

3 Likes

That is absolutely fantastic!

Super Mega Ukalele!
(don’t let him play it like a minion)

2 Likes

That is absolutely fabulous! I hope I can get to stage where I could create something 1/10 as beautiful. Every year I make a family Christmas ornament just for us. I sell ornaments I paint at craft fairs but I’m known for my painted lightbulbs. I was happy that I could just cut out a simple design I did and managed to engrave on it. Something different and who knows where it could go as long as I can get a handle on using Inkscape for designing. We’ll see. But seriously that is wonderful work.

2 Likes

I feel bad for the family member that got a napkin holder. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Truly beautiful accomplishment…with an equally loving sentiment. Can’t wait to show this to my husband…he will be astounded.

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

Haha! Luckily my whole family is very crafty.

1 Like