Blown away by the things I can make!

Wow that is awesome - my son plays multiple musical instruments one of his favorites is a Ukelele - it never would have occurred to me that we could make one on the glowforge. Going to have to do some research and try out - father/son project time. How long have you been making instruments?

1 Like

@tbaalman315…still looking in awe at what you’ve done. Will you tell me please what kind of wood / woods you used to make this ukulele ?

Thanks! I haven’t been making them long at all. I made my first one in September and have made 3 more since then improving the process along the way. I am currently working on a new one along with a build guide and video so I can sell my files on etsy for an acoustic concert ukulele. We will see how that goes.

8 Likes

Thanks! For this one, I used maple ply for the top and bottom and birch ply for the sides. The veneer on the sides is red oak. I haven’t made the leap into the proper tone woods yet due to cost. For all of other acoustics I have made, I just used birch ply for all of it.

1 Like

So beautiful! Very nice design and overall look!

1 Like

Awesome let me know when you are ready for Etsy I would happily support you in that. If you need any help with any of that process I am happy to.

WOW JUST WOW! You NEED to start making and selling these especially while Uke’s are still such a hot ticket item! Start with Etsy and work your way to a full fledged web business. I would gladly purchase one of these especially if made from Koa. Just gorgeous! Such talent! Please keep me in mind if you decide to make these to sell.

Wow!

2 Likes

Would you be willing to share your file for the body base? This is a beautiful design!

I just posted my files in Etsy! I don’t know if I can post that link here, but here goes anyway! This item is unavailable - Etsy. There is also an accompanying build video at https://youtu.be/oJVSWe9ElC8. It is not the resonator style, just a normal concert ukulele file.

Awesome! Thank you!

@tbaalman315 I see your Etsy listing is no longer available. Do you still recommend this build? I was thinking about cutting a kit to send to my dad and also having one at my home so we can have a shared hobby despite living in different states!