Blurry Camera

Yeah, I’ve got several sets of HF cheapies that I use for woodworking that I’ve been using which seem to do alright. But if I really need an excuse to pony up for the Mitutoyo… ;D

You’re right! that’s the behavior I’m seeing. I had forgotten in my excitement (yes that’s a laser pun) that it’s already a known issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

Here are a couple ideas of things they could do to improve things:

1. Dynamic calibration: Using low power engrave, make some marks on the masking surface. Use the lid camera to read where the marks were made and thus use this to fine tune calibration based on the exact height and positioning of the material
  2. Zoom feature: Place your design overall. Select an area where you want to have critical alignment. Use the head camera to scan the area and allow the user to adjust placement within this zoomed-in, highly accurate scan.
  3. Use the lid camera to identify features such as the QR code, edges of the material, other significant features like grid lines. Then use the head camera to look at the locations where the lid camera has identified them to be, and scan them to find their precise locations. Then update the lid scan based on where the head camera found those things.
2 Likes

Not sure we’re having the same problem. I have absolutely dropped objects onto the edge of material and I’ve had no problem adding something to something that I’ve already made.

No matter what anybody says… Always REPORT IT. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have just posted a procedure that lets me get closer with object placement, in the Glowforge Tips & Tricks category: A way to improve object placement

Hopefully that will help until precise positioning is available.

8 Likes

Mine is blurry too. I’m thinking the room might be too sunny? I suppose I’ll try again tonight and see what happens.

Screenshot of image:

21 PM

Perhaps just throw a towel over the cover and try during the day?

4 Likes

Please post a new topic - new replies don’t get support’s attention, only new topics, and I don’t want you getting ignored. :slight_smile:

2 Likes