Bob Ross on TV tin (with File)

Hi Everyone! For Christmas, I got this little tin of Bob Ross Happy Little Tree Mints, and in all honesty the mints tasted like bleh, but the tin is so cute and I always loved watching Bob. So I had to come up with something to use this tin for.

So I broke out the calipers, took some measurements and eyeballed the corner curves, and after finally finding and breaking apart the image I wanted to use, I was thinking about what to do for the frame. Well, growing up watching him on TV as he’d beat the devil out of his paintbrushes, it suddenly hit me that I should do an old TV with a layer of clear acrylic. Now, I can always watch him on TV, while his pocket squirrel goes about painting his acorn :slight_smile:

And I don’t think Bob would be very proud of me if I didn’t decide to share this file, so here it is if you’d like to make your own. It looks pretty good as a stand alone piece not for in the tin, but I would make some modifications to add rabbit ear antennas or something. The blue piece is medium clear acrylic, the rest is engraved/cut on medium draftboard, all PG settings. Right click and Save As. It is slightly smaller than the tin so will rattle around, I plan on painting the inside bottom of the tin black before gluing it in. Assembly back to front is solid background layer, Bob, animals, acrylic and frame (the piece with the vents engraved) and then the front frame and knobs.

Bob Ross Tin

Thanks for stopping and taking a look, please post a pic if you make one, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

121 Likes

What a hoot! You’re extremely talented and generous – what a combo!

12 Likes

Is the tin roughly the same size as an Altoids tin?

3 Likes

Oh this is your best one yet! Love it!

7 Likes

Moved the topic to the Free design catagory for better visibility :slight_smile:

10 Likes

How fun! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Awwwww, adorable! Thanks!

6 Likes

Love this!! I gifted some of these mints for Christmas and now I wish I’d gotten one for myself!

5 Likes

Roughly, I don’t have an Altoid tin to measure, but it’s pretty close.

2 Likes

That is so cute! Love the animals helping paint! Adorable, absolutely adorable!

6 Likes

Wonderful piece!! Thank you for your share.

I watched a lot of Bob Ross in the early 80’s. I always found it to be a happy place.

5 Likes

Yes I remember the happy place with happy little mistakes. Thank you for the share. I plan on making one of these when I get through my other projects. We watched a lot of him also.

5 Likes

Ingenious! A great Amy to pay tribute?

2 Likes

Very clever. Makes me smile. Thank you for sharing.

5 Likes

Very creative and AWESOME!!

3 Likes

Oh the memories!
Thanks for the share

4 Likes

This is just too awesome!!! My friends daughter is a Bob Ross fanatic! Their last name is also Ross, no relation. She started a Bob Ross fan club at her high school. For their first club meeting, my friend recruited me to make cookies to hand out to all members who joined…

3 Likes

this is fantastic!!

2 Likes

Love it! Very well done. Thank you for sharing! (I bought that tin for my son ~ lots of good Bob Ross memories!)

2 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes