Bokeh Kit for dSLR Camera

I made a Bokeh Kit for my dSLR camera today. R2-D2 was my test subject, but will be using this with family closer to x-mas. Basically, it allows you to create special effects with background lights that take the shape of whatever you put in front of the lens. Currently, this is sized for a 72mm lens filter, but plan on resizing for other lenses.

87 Likes

Love it, love it.

7 Likes

That’s a little fancier than the cutouts I’ve been doing with cardstock :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ooh, I like!!!

6 Likes

This is so cool, and perfect for all photography during this season.

6 Likes

More examples, cmonn, you have that great snowflake!

7 Likes

Stunning!

3 Likes

I have a new polyhedral in the works, and should be done this weekend, so I’ll take pictures of that with the snowflake.

6 Likes

16 Likes

I am having trouble downloading these! I can not wait to try these! That is genius!

2 Likes

Oh, man. I think I got so starstruck that I was dreaming. I apologize. I think I misunderstood, thinking I was in a different area of the forum.

3 Likes

Nice clean work and great results! I wonder if black cardstock would work just as well for the grille, though it certainly wouldn’t be as durable.

4 Likes

Fantastic !

2 Likes

That is brilliant!

2 Likes

Smacks forehead - something else I wish I had thought of.

What do I keep intending to try is lasering a pinhole in my lenscap for a digital pinhole camera.

What f-stop are you shooting at to get that much bokeh?

2 Likes

FYI, it’s against forum rules to ask people for their files. :slight_smile: If they want to share, they will post them in the Free Files area.

2 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

Updated my response-thanks

2 Likes

I think this was f1.2 but this method work great at higher f stops. I would probably not go higher than f2.8, but it should work even higher.

1 Like

For everybody asking how to setup their camera:

8 Likes