Both Glowforge pro down

I am not happy with Glowforge right now. Ive been working on an order. first 4 hours everything working fine. then both Glowforge went down 1 after the other stating cooling down. now 1 has a yellow light and the other is stuck on cooling down. has been cooling down for 20 min. I’ve clean all lens and nothing working. this is very upsetting to spend 15k on these machine. my room is perfect temp 70 plus ceiling fan. can’t figure out why its surfacing these issues.

I recommend contacting Glowforge support.

2 Likes

That both had the same issue at the same time sounds a lot like a wifi issue if it is not a temperature issue. I would turn both off and back on and check your wifi. I have a program calle Fing that reports Wifi issues on a regular basis, and even though I have not had an issue come up while working I am amazed how variable the wifi is.

2 Likes

How’s your ventilation set up? Here are a few more things you can check on for this issue –

Cooling is provided by air moving through the Glowforge, in the intake at the front and out through the exhaust fan at the back.

• If you’re venting into a Glowforge Air Filter and the filter cartridge becomes full, this will block air flow and the machine will eventually overheat.

• If you’re venting into a screened window or vent cap that’s gotten clogged up with debris from the laser, this will block air flow and the machine will eventually overheat.

• If you never clean the exhaust fan and the metal grate behind it, they will become clogged up with debris from the laser, this will block air flow and the machine will eventually overheat.

2 Likes

I am currently working this out via email.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.