Bottle opener

Really basic file, but might save someone a few minutes. I included a decorative engraved edge that you can easily ignore and the bunnies are not included. Fits the listed Amazon opener. I designed it so the cutout is just slightly smaller than the opener so you’ll need to upsize it a little if you want an edge to edge fit.

FILE right click to download
bottle%20opener%20temp%20kittrell%20012519
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTGXBSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

92 Likes

Well, thank you very much! I take it that is veneer you are covering them with? That’s some very pretty wood. And of course your designs are amazing, as always. They would be perfect for gift giving, so I’m definitely bookmarking.

3 Likes

Definitely gift worthy. Thanks for the file. Also interested in the lasered material?

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I have that very set of openers… I was thinking of trying to cermark them, but now I have options.

3 Likes

I currently engrave these bottle openers with another tool, but this use case is actually why I purchased a glowforge, so it’s great to see you’ve tried it out.

I’m thinking of doing something similar but in veg. leather. Thank you for sharing your template, I’m excited to post my results after my GF arrives next week!

9 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually cedar grilling plank about .13 thick. Gives a nice weight to it. I eased the edges with sandpaper so it’s not hard on the hands. Veneer would work too.

5 Likes

Thank you! I have a dozen of these sitting on my desk waiting for some free time. I will definitely use this file. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

It was a cedar grilling plank. .13 thick. It was my first time using them and they worked great.

2 Likes

Your openers look just wonderful! It’s very kind of you to share your file!

2 Likes

if anyone wants a slightly different version for the same amazon bottle opener, here’s one for a veneer that goes over the whole opener. i just used adhesive backed veneer.

BottleOpener_Veneer

25 Likes

Thank You for the share

1 Like

Beautiful design, Thank You for the share.

2 Likes

nice, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome file! That amazon link isn’t working for me… Can you tell me what the description is so I can search that way?? Thanks again

3 Likes

" Stainless Steel Flat Bottle Opener" will get you started.

Here’s a link that’s currently working just so you can see them.
https://www.amazon.com/KISEER-Stainless-Bottle-Kitchen-Restaurant/dp/B07JB684LQ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bottle+opener+blank&qid=1554703182&s=gateway&sr=8-4

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nice! Has anyone tried direct-engraving on the openers after giving 'em a few coats of dry Moly?

Yes, I’ve done a few. I’m using “Brilliance” lase ink now though. Both work well.

11 Likes

Nice. I haven’t tried Brilliance. Ceramark is too expensive to experiment with, I’ve been happy with the dry moly except for some textured metals where I then couldn’t get the dark coating out of the cracks. :slight_smile: I just ordered a batch of openers to try it out.

5 Likes