Bowls, Trays and a Cute Hedgehog Sticker

Thanks ladies! Chuckle! But by the time the catalog gets set up to take submissions, there will probably be dozens of them available for free. (No need to waste time on it now.) :smile:

2 Likes

Bless her heart! I remember well…trying to help my mother over the phone when she was in her 90’s, describing what buttons to push on her TV remote. It was a real challenge. I also finally programmed my phone number into her telephone speed dial when she could no longer remember my number. She could manage one number…but not more.

1 Like

I think in this case we can safely say that the apple fell pretty far from the tree.

3 Likes

That’s really hard…we did the same when my FIL’s short term memory went south. Happily, we’re not to that point yet with mom, she’s just extremely technology averse. :sleeping:

So’s my sister - she cannot buy an appliance without it blowing up on her the first time she tries to use it. Weirdest thing I ever saw!

1 Like

just because some people here figure it out doesn’t mean that some of the thousands of other GF users wouldn’t like to buy it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Chuckle! Okay, if people aren’t all sporting scroll bowls on their desks by the time the catalog opens up, I’ll consider it. :smile:

(I don’t really care whether the stuff I post inspires others to get designing or people want to buy it…either outcome is fine for the overall health of the group.)

2 Likes

@shop and @cynd11 are correct, just because someone figures out the trick does not mean others won’t want to buy the svg.
I just wish they would give us a clue about how the design store is going to work.

3 Likes

They are a real bitch to set up (sorry) - I sold through one for a couple of years, and swore I was never gonna do that again.

Information on sales has to be tracked and reported to the IRS and the designers for tax purposes. People buy files and are dissatisfied with them for some reason or another and want refunds, which you can’t do with a downloaded file. People buy extremely difficult to execute files, and think it should just snap together because that’s what they thought it should do.

Better stop thinking about it…I’m talking myself out of it again.

Anyway, I’m not at all surprised that it’s not ready yet. Big, big investment in time and energy on the part of the host. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

A ha! Thanks for the visual…that helps.

Good job making me super paranoid.
All valid points though.

1 Like

Oh, it’ll be fun. Just might take a little longer to get set up than most people expect. :wink:

The official catalog offerings will be available a lot sooner, I imagine.

2 Likes

Jules as I have always considered…" You are a light of wisdom " in that what you desire to make seems a common place in your brain. Please continue to enlighten, at the very lease me, and I’m sure there are others who will agree.

1 Like

Aw! Thanks for that! :grinning:

1 Like

So easy to do in Corel with the contour tool.
May just have to make some now :smile::+1:

5 Likes