Bowls, Trays and a Cute Hedgehog Sticker

Seriously, @Jules, seriously :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, a little humility is great, but that’s just a big fat lie! :wink:

5 Likes

No, no really…you ought to see the back side. (Didn’t use PG for the prototypes.)

The apple bowl (which I did take up higher, but didn’t like the result) looks like the backside of an elephant. ROFL!

Pictures to prove it:

I get as many failures as successes. Usually more. But the failures usually lead to something else, and my “elephant butt” bowl caused a light bulb to go off about how to do actual 3D sculptures with a laser printer.

So i’ll get to play with that one day. :grinning:

32 Likes

Sorry but seeing the closeups convinces me the apple bowl is even more awesome than I thought.

6 Likes

Chuckle! And I thought it was much too klunky-looking! :smile:

Wow Wow Wow! Jules you are amazing!!! :+1:

3 Likes

Appreciate things for what they are and not what they should be! These bowls weren’t there before. Now they are. In their function they achieve their purpose. The form doesn’t distract from function but draws attention and says, “use me please”. I’d give this post a 10, want to make it now!

And the elephant heinnie? It’s intriguing.

10 Likes

It makes me blush showing it! ROFL! (So I guess it has amusement value.)

2 Likes

So neat! Thanks for sharing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those are beautiful!
I think I must make an attempt!

BTW, what are those black and white boxes with the buttons on them in the background? I kinda remember my grandparents had similar things, but I forget what they were used for. :wink:

3 Likes

Sadly, all I have been able to use to communicate with my mother in another state. (And I have to give her specific instructions on what to dial and what button to press to begin the facsimile generating process. So we have a matching set.) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We have not graduated to the use of computers yet. A laser would scare her spitless.

6 Likes

Still trying to figure out the square scroll bowl… it’s a pretty fun puzzle but so far I’m stumped.

Is it more than one piece of wood maybe?

Chuckle! I’m going to keep it a trade secret for now…I might decide to offer the pattern for sale one day. (But if not…will divulge if you haven’t figured it out by then.) :grinning:

1 Like

I’m guessing you cut two sets of pieces, with one set scaled to be halfway between the sizes of the other set. Then when you stack up the pieces, you alternate pieces from the two sets.

10 Likes

Fair enough! I can see how to make it with two pieces of wood but not with one.

1 Like

Absolutely correct. Guess I won’t be offering that one for sale. (Made that pretty easy for me…thanks.)

3 Likes

I figured the same. I’m trying to create one.
Illustrator is not my native tool.
I knew there had to be an easy way to outline… knew that there must be a command that will do what I want easy and simple.
Thanks for giving me a project that forces me to learn something so simple.

2 Likes

Please do! I don’t want to have to try to figure that out, even with directions!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Generate the concentric outlines using steps that others have already posted. Then set alternating colors for them. (e.g., make every other line blue, and the rest red, so they alternate red-blue-red-blue etc.) Then print one set of just the blue lines on the GF (tell it to ignore red) then print a set using only the red lines (ignore the blue). Then stack up the pieces from both sets, alternating red-blue-red-blue, etc.

Edit: Here’s a simple example:

circles

6 Likes

Oh you should… make a lovely scrollwork pattern, I would think plenty of people would purchase.

1 Like