Box with a Laser Tile Lid design files

I’m gonna need you to boop his nose for me thanks. :yum:

4 Likes

I must be doing something wrong, I can’t get mine to fit together without cracking the pieces, can you give me some hints?

they were pretty snug for me, too. i tapped them together with a rubber mallet and it took me a little time. but that meant i could do friction fit without glue. it could just be some slight differences in thickness between your proofgrade and mine. if mine were snug and yours are even slightly thicker, that would make it more difficult to get together.

this is presuming you’re using proofgrade medium plywood.

1 Like

Even PG changes from batch to batch and species. Medium maple, cherry and Walnut ply all mic out to different thicknesses for me. And I’ve had different thicknesses on different batches.

oh, i agree and understand. i was just verifying that @mimicyn was starting w/the medium PG. if she was using something else, it could be even further off in thickness.

I am using PG, medium maple

Thank you for sharing this, I love it!

1 Like

is the dog laser etched or printed picture?

etched on a lasertile (www.lasertile.com).

Not sure if this has been asked. What size of tile did you use to fit into the lid? Thanks for all the great information. Your box turned out great!

thanks. it was a 4" tile.

1 Like

I love this box. I use Laser Tiles a lot and have quite a good supply. I will look forward to trying this. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! Can’t wait to give it a try!

1 Like

Thank you so much for posting your design in the Free Laser Files section. I had a person that I have worked with for over 20 years, have her son accepted into the Navy Nuclear School. She wanted a box for him with U.S. Navy images/logos… We’ll here you go… Proof Grade Cherry Plywood, Medium Blue Acrylic, Medium Clear Acrylic with a 3D engrave.

30 Likes

that looks great!

1 Like

Thank you very much. You have shared so much in the forum too! Thanks for all of your post and help to the community!!

2 Likes

That looks impressive!

1 Like

Omigosh…this is wonderful!

Looks wonderful!

1 Like

Welcome to the Glowforge Community acanneg!!! We are glad that you have joined us. We hope to see some of your projects posted soon.

3 Likes