Brand new glowforge not working

I just received my glowforge pro today. I followed all directions from unpacking to set up. Cut my first project successfully, after project finished the light turned orange/yellow and computer screen said cut can not be completed, when the cut was done. Light stayed orange/yellow. Restarted gf was able to successfully cut another small project and the same thing happens. Repeated steps and cut another small project… same thing again orange/yellow light and computer screen said project cannot be completed when it actually was. Had some stuff to do so shut down computer and gf. Came back to try to mess with it some more and now when I go to cut a project I get all the way to the part where I push the button to go and it automatically goes to orange/yellow and computer screen says the same thing it did before. I have checked connections, restarted the computer, the router, the gf and nothing is working. I was sooo excited to get this machine and now I am just wishing I never did… does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong

Support will be along to help you, but while you are waiting, double/triple check that the white cable is plugged in securely to the printhead.

1 Like

I have checked that atleast 10 times! I was hoping that it was going to be something simple like that, but no luck. I have scoured thru the forum looking for any problem similar and nothing is working :pensive:

1 Like

My first questions would be which glowforge do you have? And what is the room temperature? The Basic, like mine has a pretty narrow operating range. As I recall the top end is 75 degrees. Perhaps it’s too warm?

1 Like

It was in her first sentence.

2 Likes

I have the pro
I set it up in the basement and we keep the house set around 73-74 degrees and the basement is always cooler than the rest of the house. I don’t have an exact temp tho

2 Likes

I also have a pro and mid-day I have had it heat up enough to halt and cool off. These machines are very sensitive to temperature.

When it stops, does it start again later? The Yellow light means it thinks it is overheating. If it is not overheating then the sensor signal is not operating correctly. There are a few places where the signal can have a problem. The most common is where the white cable plugs into the printhead. If the machine is turned off and unplugged, you can lift out the printhead and unplug the white cable and get a photo inside the plug and inspect it that all the pins are clean and straight. underneath there are three pins that have springs that hold them to matching plates if there is something making one pin stick out less that the rest that could cause your problem.

1 Like

It has worked 3 times. But had to be turned off and on each time for it to work again. Now it won’t even cut. When I get the project ready and send it the light turns the blue color and I press it and it goes straight to yellow/orange. I haven’t been able to cut anything since yesterday. I have tried multiple files both uploaded and actual gf projects. Nothing will work

That is a problem of a different color. When you see the Teal (blueish) that means the Glowforge is having a problem connecting to the Web. The Glowforge is pretty demanding in that also. If there is any issue it will not download the job you just sent. There are others here far more expert in that area than myself, but if you can create a “Guest” network that is supposed to be the strongest fix. If not then someone else will have to help.

How do I create a guest network?

To be fair, the blue vs “white” glowing light isn’t as different as it could or perhaps should be.

1 Like

It is the white light (looks blue to me) definitely not the teal for the connecting to network light

@shonna1380 I am so sorry your new Glowforge printer is not functioning as it should. Thank you so much for providing your troubleshooting steps. After reviewing your logs we will need to replace your printer.

It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.