Breath of the Wild Resin "Stained Glass" Panels With RGB LED Light Box

Hey Everyone-
Thought I would share this all with you because I’m pretty proud of it. If your interested in how it was made or the files for it, here is a link to the Instructables build as well as my website.

Build Instructable
My Website with free .SVG files

I also have a video on how I made the entire project-

Thanks everyone!
-Nicole (WhenGeeksCraft)

73 Likes

Gorgeous! (And I loved watching the resin work…I might want to try the technique one of these days.) :grinning:

5 Likes

Be ready to work with some finicky stuff. the results are cool but the learning curve is steep! You will catch on quick!

2 Likes

Oh no…the last thing I need is another steep learning curve…I’m currently attempting leather, and it’s a stone cold bear. :smile:

I’ve done some past sculpting work with molds and plasters, but haven’t messed much with resins. I liked seeing your hot glue sealing technique.

2 Likes

I have yet to try leather. I will eventually but not ready to take that on quite yet. And hot glue is the best. Comes off cleanly with alcohol even if I get resin on it!

3 Likes

Doesn’t stick to the acrylic? (That’s a really handy tip to know. My interest might be rekindled here.) :smile:

3 Likes

It sticks perfectly to acrylic until you put alcohol on it. Then it peels off like it was never there! It’s awesome stuff

5 Likes

Super! :grinning:

3 Likes

well I can’t stop drooling! Wow! great work!

4 Likes

Thank you! I am so pleased with how it turned out!

2 Likes

Triple whammy post. The YouTube is over the top good.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. You tube is a giant bear and probably just as much work as the project itself. I hope people find it at least interesting enough lol

4 Likes

More cool techniques! Great result and thanks for all the behind the scenes info on how you created it!:tada:

2 Likes

Wow, so very cool! I actually tried doing some of that type of resin work using stained glass style frames cut from black acrylic. They came out terrible. It was just so hard to get the resin in all the little fussy areas without dribbling it all over the place. Clearly, I need to work on my technique. Your work is very inspirational!

6 Likes

I encourage you to try again. I ended up failing twice before getting to this. I found that doing a very thin first layer to seal all the edges with clear resin made a world of difference. NO Color bleed after that. Then i used a little carving spoon tool I had to be a stir stick and a little “eye” dropper for the resin. Don’t get me wrong…it took me a month to finish this. its not a quick project, but i think its so cool!

8 Likes

Great work, Love It.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I really did like learning how to mix both resin and the laser cutter and i think i am going to make a lot more things like this.

2 Likes

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing the files. What dedication to pull that off with all the fidly bits!

3 Likes

not a problem! If you try it out and have cool results i would LOVE to see it!

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for sharing this. Love the video.

2 Likes