Broken Lens Removal Tool (replacement please?)

I finally made some time in my schedule to do some maintenance on my GF, but when I tried to use the lens removal tool, I noticed that I pushed the lens further up into the printer head, and the lens did not stick to the tool. Lo and behold, and magnet had broken off before I used the tool. Of course. I noticed a lot of others have had this issue. Can you please send me a replacement ASAP? I can’t use my GF until I’m able to get a replacement, as I think I inadvertently pushed the lens up further than it’s supposed to be. Thanks!

1 Like

You can’t push it in too far. The lens moves up and down , so don’t worry, just use it. :grinning:

The Glowforge will adjust the lens position for you.

3 Likes

Yes^^, That movement reflects the lens travel in the auto-focus range. You didn’t hurt anything.
Also you are right to request a new one, however, if you have the pieces of the magnet you could glue them on the tool and have a perfectly functioning fallback and be able to remove, clean and reinstall the lens until the new one arrives.

4 Likes

Thanks guys. It’s good to know I didn’t crew anything up:). I’ll glue what I have and get back to work until my replacement arrives!

4 Likes

So, Alan, I notice you were one of the long-haulers. Ultimate test in patience. You should have joined in conversation, and commiserating with us for the past 3 years! Clean that lens and get after it man, we would love to see some of your explorations. What are you doing with that thing?

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about that - I’m so sorry for the trouble! I see you’ve already emailed us about this, and we’re taking care of it there, so I’m going to close this thread.