Broken? No tube light, no beam

Checked 5 pins on the lid = all connected good, white strip connected to head completely - cleaned 4 pins under head…I was cutting and laser dwindled and stopped. Heard a throng noise, did something bust in the tube??? Wonderful, just got my first big order :frowning_face:

Posting here has opened a support ticket. They will likely ask you to print the Gift of Good Measure, so they can verify from the logs whether the machine is faulty. Obviously, if the laser is not firing, there will be nothing to see.

already tried - nothing

Your trying will still leave a log for them to see. Just let them know the time and time zone.

5:22p Mountain

Also, another thing I’ve noticed this week, the laser did not go all the way back to the starting point when it cut and I had to break off about 1mm wide line to get piece out of the board.

Wow! Love the timely response from Glowforge!

Standard response is about one business day. You posted 17h ago.

I’m starting to think this is the biggest mistake I’ve ever made - the more I read, the worse it gets.

Well, there’s about 26,000 of them out there, and you’re reading the “Problems” section where people post to get technical support.

Go read the Made on a Glowforge section to see the wonderful items the rest of us are creating…

I’ve made great things too, but the cost is what’s worrying me. I’m only 2 payments in and it looks like the “warranty” really doesn’t cover anything unless you only cut their materials - which you can’t get because they’re always out of stock. I really wanted it to pay for itself, not just be a toy. Went all in with the Pro and started a business…now my husband is bailing me out…I’m currently not working because Covid has school shut down.

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your Glowforge and that it’s no longer printing. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.