Brown Spots On Leather

Hey,

Im hoping someone can help, im trying to print a picture onto a leather wallet but no matter what setting i use im getting these brown spots on it. Has anyone had this issue before? Any tips on how to minimise this?

1 Like

Can you highlight where the brown spots you mean are?

3 Likes

Are you referring to the quality / resolution of the image itself? If so, it’s an issue with the image file you’re using.

3 Likes

yes I agree, “circle the spots”. the spots I’m seeing are on the lighter part top right about 1/2 inch from right edge. two of them. and I don’t think those would have anything to do with the engraving.

5 Likes

do you know what kind of leather that is? somehow, i’m guessing that may be bonded leather, which would account for the poor engraving quality. more melty than clean engrave lines.

3 Likes

Assuming you’re talking about these, they are marks from handling with sooty fingers. Try masking, and washing your hands before removing it.

9 Likes

Hey,

haha no not from my sooty fingers, i mean the brown which is coming through on the lighter parts of the picture? I do engrave on bonded leather and that comes out frin, it only goes abit off if im engraving something which has definition?

1 Like

That sounds like a material property. Every material reacts a bit differently to lasers - if your wallets aren’t sold specifically for lasering you may need to try a different brand. If they ARE sold specifically for lasering then contact the seller/manufacturer for their best practices.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.