Continuing the discussion from 3 vehicle nearly-build from polarbrainfreeze:
Had a little help from the Shapiro twins. A few build notes:
- The SVG lines aren’t connected, which means the laser doesn’t draw them in a smooth, continuous line. Maybe someday, but the current state of affairs is that it’ll do a little line somewhere, head off and do another little line, come back and do the next bit, etc. It’s so precise you don’t see the result at the end, but it’s a bit slower and somewhat maddening to watch.
- I used a dye to do the flames, and it bled under the masking. Next time will use a paint.
- My alignment was a bit off. I removed the pinholes Ben put in the design; I should have replaced them either with a slot and tab to align everything, or a jig to hold it square while gluing.
- As a result, the wheels scraped. Darn.
- I resized it to use a Q-tip shaft instead of a pencil, since that’s what we had around the office.
All in all, quite a hit with the kids! Thanks Ben.