Bump and Grind

I have searched and have not been able to fix the issue, turned it on today and it said bumped and then it started to make the groaning sound, turned in on and off multiple times, took out the materials pushed the unit back and forth and everything moves smooth. shut in on and off again and still shows bumped… help turned it off and on again and now it keeps saying scanning and the head is to the right side

Shut the machine off. Carefully move the gantry all the way back and push each side against the back so the gantry is now properly parallel and then slide the head all the way to the left side close the lid and turn it on again,

If that does not fix the problem then there are further steps needed.

I tried this and now it is homing whats the next step

it worked, thank you!!!

If there are no other problems you can go back to using it, Just remember that Anything sticking up over a half-inch over the tray will hit and mess it up. The thing that hits is hidden in back of the cutting head so you have to look under it to see.

Thank you @rbtdanforth for the help! I’m glad you resolved it @chrisfoster555 ! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like