Bumped laser over and over

Arg printed great yesterday and today now that need an order out says bumped laser. Cleaned it head moves now it is just eternally centering until it says bumped turned on and off again also

Check to see if your white cable is secure to the head - and check to see if you have any debris in the tracks. With your machine off move it back and forth and side to side very slowly and feel for a hitch - if you find it, figure out where it’s coming from and clean there.

Fingers crossed it’s easy!

1 Like

Hello @monicamichellewrs,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took a look at the logs from your Glowforge and it looks as though your printer head is not starting in the correct positions. Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @monicamichellewrs

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because Morgan’s steps helped or everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.

1 Like