Bumped laser

Laser in short not bumped. Started and restarted. The head moves with no issues

Is this a continuation of a previous post?

Nope new one

Is this where you open a ticket? The glowforge is claiming bump laser and now every time it moves the laser head it is groaning.

First, sorry for the delay I had a meeting this evening. Yes, by posting here you open up a support ticket. If you have not done so, do not send an email as well. It just duplicates your request for support and slows things down. A technician will be along to help you out. In the mean time, have you removed and examined the carriage and rollers? Also check the rail the carriage rides on (front and back) for any debris or buildup of soot. It can be cleaned off with denatured alcohol and a rag.

Hello @monicamichellewrs - sorry to hear you’ve run into this snag, and thank you for reaching out.

Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

If that does not resolve the issues, I’d like to recommend the following follow up steps, as it appears your printer is having some trouble during one of its calibration steps.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know.

Hello @monicamichellewrs,

We haven’t heard back from you in a while. I just took a look at the logs for your Glowforge and see that you have been able to successfully print since contacting us, that’s great!

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If you still need help with this issue or anything else please either start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re happy to help!