Burned project does not line up with the camera view

I used the trace function and added some text and a PDF image to the project. I am trying to print the file on a piece of white pine 3/4 inch. Took out the crumb tray and elevated the pine with spacers. Used the no read ruler to get the proper height. Using the burning info for draft board which seems to give good results. How can I get the burn to line up with the screen?

Did you use “set focus” before placing your artwork?

No I did not. New glowforge owner. Trying to play catch-up as I have a job to complete by the end of the month.

1 Like

Use the set focus tool before placing you artwork. Make sure that the red beam falls directly on the material to be engraved and in the area where you will place your design. Also note, you will need to clean your optics and fans often if you burn pine.

3 Likes

Give it a whirl, it only adds a minute or so to the job and makes the camera view MUCH more accurate. If things are still way off, you should run the camera calibration, that takes about half an hour. Figuring out how to get your view reliable will save hours of headache and wasted materials.

3 Likes

To echo the advice of the helpful folks in this forum, I suggest you try using Set Focus before placing your artwork to improve your alignment.

The Set Focus target allows you to select an area to take a precision measurement of the material’s height using the red dot in the printer head. It looks like the red dot missed the material. Use Set Focus and place the focus area on the material, so it’s not near an edge. Then watch to make sure the red dot hits the material.

I suggest using Set Focus near the part of your design that’s most critical, so you can rely on the alignment there.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.