Business Cards That Won't Be Thrown Away

Finally pulled the trigger on my new business cards. Wanted to create something unique that represented what I do and the tools I have at my disposal (laser-engraving for one). HOPEFULLY, these won’t be tossed in the drawer or the trash. “Thanks Adam for your business card” (throws in trash). I’ve always loved wooden nickels or bars that give you their wood nickel drink chips. I still have everyone I was ever given even knowing that I would never be back there. Now we play the waiting game.

55 Likes

Nice clean design, good job.

3 Likes

Pretty cool! Maybe you could serial number them for fun and future reference.

5 Likes

Interesting coasters(?) I was doing similar thinking when I made these"

( That early one is on Oak scrap so the grain is more an issue than the usual)

12 Likes

Very nicely executed two sided print.

2 Likes

Certainly unique … well done!

3 Likes

These are great, people will definitely keep them around :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think people will keep these!

2 Likes

This is chunky and cool!

3 Likes

As they are made from scrap, they are small as 1" or big as 3" and the carved dragon a keepsake folks would be reluctant to throw away. The other side a way to contact us or see what was available.

4 Likes

They are really nice and when someone is trying to remember your contact details they will always know where this is to easily find them.

4 Likes

First off, WOW!! Definitely wouldn’t forget that business card. What size are the rounds? I was in the military and was thinking of doing custom challenge coins but worry that some of the detail might not come out due to size. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

thats a great idea.

1 Like

Nice… well done… I think you outdid me.

1 Like

They are about 3 inches. I made different sizes, some bigger and some smaller… I wouldnt go any lower than 2.5 inches. I believe I did it at 340 LPI to get more detail.

1 Like

How much time does it take per item? Probably one-offs are prohibitively expensive time-wise, so you gang them up for multiples in one operation?

Thanks again.

These days I rarely run as low as 450 LPI and frequently do 1355 especially on acrylic that will show any “grain” of engraving (though for something like oak it gives a cross-hatch effect that could be preferable)

3 Likes

I bought a whole bunch of 1mm thick anodized aluminum business cards. They can be engraved by the Glowforge. Figured those’d be business cards that wouldn’t get thrown away, and they’ll still fit in someone’s wallet or card file…

5 Likes

Great idea! Love the lightbulb design!

1 Like