Button light changing colors

Just starting to use our GF with students after a lid cable change.
After selecting Print in APP, button flashes white once, then flashes pink. We cancelled twice and this repeated. We then went ahead and cut successfully. During cutting, light turned blue. Then light turned white.

Is there anything I should worry about? I don’t want to damage anything. Do the button colors mean anything… like SHUT DOWN?
Thanks.

There are certain colors that indicate a problem if the machine stops functioning, but if yours continues, it’s not - so far - a cause for concern.

If you note the time/date of these occurrences, support can check the logs and see if there were issues.

3 Likes

You got the new DISCO model!
< jk >
Support will help you out - but generally the error lights stay on if the issue is a big one. Fingers crossed it’s something minor

3 Likes

I didn’t want to like this because it was non-productive answer a little too soon in the conversation.
But it was too funny and I LOLed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry you’ve run into trouble with your unit. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and didn’t see anything which would cause an expected change in the color of the button’s light. Has it occurred again since your original post? If it happens again, could you please let us know the approximate time and date? We’ll check your unit’s logs and review anything unusual.

Thank you for your response. We are on vacation so have not been using our Glowforge recently. If I see the colors changing, I will contact you again.
JT

1 Like

No worries! I’m going to close this thread, but please start a new one if you encounter this again or email us at support@glowforge.com.