Button light was orange, meaning?

I did a lot of searching, no clear answer yet. What does an orange light button on the Glowforge mean?
I did a 3 minute engrave on .2" thick clear acrylic, room temperature was 53 °F. Settings were:
Engrave: /speed 600/power 50/vary p/min 0/Max Qual/340/1 pass/focus auto. The orange light went out about 10 or 15 seconds after the job was done. The print looked fine except it seemed light. I felt the laser tube and it was cool. If this clue helps, I went back into the print job and the settings didn’t save. I haven’t made any changes in anything and it’s been running fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks much…
-=(RLH)=-

Hello there,

This is from the Support Section of the GF community.

yellow button issue

Hope this helps.

53F is where my Pro will first recognize that the room is too cold and give me an orange light. Just one possibility. It likely varies +/- a couple degrees on different machines or conditions.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your Glowforge had an orange button turn on.

I extracted logs from your Glowforge and it looks like it was because the glowforge was a little too cold.

Your Glowforge Pro features a closed-loop liquid cooling system that uses the air from the room to remove heat. It’s boosted by a solid-state thermoelectric cooler that allows for heavier use at higher ambient temperatures than the Basic. It is designed to be used when the temperature next to your Glowforge is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius). To check, put a room thermometer next to the right hand side of the Glowforge; it draws in air from underneath, on the right.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

That explains it, I will heat the room up past 60 and give it another shot.

Mine was orange but now I know what yellow means, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.