Button orange - focusing

ood morning all
I received my machine 1 week ago, until I made some cuts and simple engraving in order to discover the machine.
This afternoon after cutting a word my machine stuck on focusing and my button appeared in orange.
I looked at all the topics, my white ribbon is connected, I turned off, turned on the machine, I turned off the internet! I think I tried everything but nothing to do :cold_sweat:

do you have any other idea?

I am desperate, I live in France and I have waited a long time for this machine

If you haven’y tried it yet. Turn off your machine disconnect the white ribbon cable going to the head and take a photo of the pins. I am also wondering what is the temperature of the room your machine is in and what model do you have?

The area you should take a picture of is this part here.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I also unplugged the machine and the white ribbon, but without success.

In my room it’s 20 degrees

And I have Glowforge basic

You might want to also check all your lid cable connections…

1. Turn off your unit.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.
  4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction. Check that the cable is not kinked or bent where it passes over the metal lip at the green arrow shown.

lidcablecheck

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.
  2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to Support before you proceed.

Do NOT try to adjust or reseat the cable without the okay from Support.
You can :fire: the electronics.

1. If all the clips are aligned and closed…close the lid.

Let Support know the results of the inspections and they will let you know the next steps after they have reviewed your logs.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply ! All the clips are in place … I don’t understand !

Look this photo

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. There are a few steps I’d like you to take so we can investigate this further. Could you please do the following?

1. Turn your Glowforge off completely
  2. wait about 30 seconds
  3. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
  4. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
  5. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
  6. A .zip file should download to your computer
  7. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com. Let me know when you’ve sent the file over and I’ll take a look right away

Please let me know if you run into any difficulty with these steps. Thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I carried out the manipulation, I downloaded the zip file but I cannot send it to the address support@glowforge.com it tells me that the address does not exist.

Thank you! That’s very odd - the email address is certainly our usual support address, and I can confirm we’re still receiving inbound emails. If you’d be comfortable sending it to me via a community forum private message, please do so. Additionally, could you please try one more time and let me know if you’re able to calibrate now?

I sent the ZIP file to this address support@glowforge.zendesk.com because with this it works
Did you receive it ?

I did! Thank you for that, again. The team is looking into it now. I’ll follow up just as soon as I know more. I appreciate your patience.

Thank you for everything! How long will it take to get an answer? If the problem is material, how does it work? I am quite worried because I pay attention to my equipment and I do not understand why it started to stop working suddenly

I’m sorry for the delay as we actively investigate this. I’ve made a small change on our end that should clear this up. Could you please do the following for me so that the change can be applied?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Wait at least 10 seconds.
  3. Turn on your Glowforge (please do not touch the button on top of the Glowforge - only the switch on the back).
  4. Once the Glowforge is on, wait around two minutes, so it can download and apply the necessary updates.
  5. When the update is complete, your unit should reboot on its own.
  6. Your Glowforge should proceed to connect and calibrate, then you’re ready to print!

If at any point during these steps, the button on top of your Glowforge glows with any color other than white, or if you run into any other trouble, please stop and let us know.

I turned the glowforge back on, after 10/20 seconds the light again turned orange. I waited a few minutes, the button went white again then after 10 seconds the LED became orange again …

So I turned it off again then on again, the light is still orange, focusing
The laser does not move

I’ve just heard back from our engineers and I have good news. A modification to the earlier update has been put in place that should clear things up, but I’ll be on hand by email make sure everything is working right.

Could you please try these steps one more time?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Wait at least 10 seconds.
  3. Turn on your Glowforge (please do not touch the button on top of the Glowforge - only the switch on the back).
  4. Once the Glowforge is on, wait around two minutes, so it can download and apply the necessary updates.
  5. When the update is complete, your unit should reboot on its own.
  6. Your Glowforge should proceed to connect and calibrate, then you’re ready to print!

Looking forward to your reply! Let me know how it goes.

The result is the same, I turn it on, the button turns orange, I wait 2/3 minutes it turns white for 10 seconds and changes back to orange

Thanks again for following up. The team is hard at work on this and we’ll be following up soon with more information about our next steps.

1 Like

Okay
Thank you

I await your news hoping for a positive outcome quickly :confused:

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I sincerely appreciate your help with this, and I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.