Button will not turn teal and broadcast a WiFi signal

My internet went out tonight and I tried to connect my GF to my phone until the internet returned. When I pushed and held the button it would pulse teal once but not stay teal and never broadcast a wifi signal. Once my internet came back on the GF just says “offline” and it will not connect, I have since tried reconnecting and the button just flashes teal briefly and then turns off without ever broadcasting a signal to connect to.

There is a process to reset the machine to factory defaults as-delivered, but they don’t recommend performing it unless instructed by support.

I actually tried a factory reset to get it into wifi mode and it still won’t broadcast a wifi signal

Then support will take over from here. If a reset doesn’t work, the machine will likely need to be sent back for repair.

Thanks for your efforts, I really appreciate it. I wonder if it just happened to be a perfect storm with them pushing through an update last night and my internet going out.

Unlikely. The updates are identical to software or OS updates you get for your phone or computer. They download, are then verified to be accurate, then installed. The machine is just a Linux-based computer with built-in motion control hardware.

Resetting the wifi is not uncommon. Many people move their machine to and from their office/home to craft shows, maker faires, etc.

I think you’ve just been unlucky.

I’m so sorry for the trouble with this. I see you also emailed us about this. Based on the information you’ve shared, unfortunately it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.