Button won’t light up

Hi - I just setup my Glowforge. I had a problem when setting up the Wifi, the button never turned Teal. But my computer was still able to find my Glowforge and I was able to continue the Wifi setup process. I’m now attempting my first print. I have it all setup and it gave me a time for how long it will take to print and it says to press the button. The button isn’t lighting up white. I waited a bit and tried holding it down and it still won’t light up or print.

Ugh, that bites!

It’s possible the light in the button is broken - which would suck :frowning: BUT if you were able to connect to WiFi it means the connection that the button serves is still working. At this point you may have put yourself back into setup mode by holding the button down. If you are still showing as Online I’d suggest trying to send a design - when it says Print on the GFUI then try pushing the button just once and seeing if the job starts. If it doesn’t say Online, then go through the setup process again - after you get to the confetti screen, then try running a job.

A staff member will get to this tomorrow, so being able to report back your results before they get here might speed up their process for helping you out. Fingers crossed it’s something simple and doesn’t require a replacement machine, but in case it does - keep the box/packing materials handy.

1 Like

Hi - thank you for the suggestions. My Glowforge is still showing that it is online. I tried reopening the job. It went through all the steps of calibrating and focusing and is saying that I’m in the Fast Lane, but the button still won’t light up. I’ve tried pushing it anyway and it still won’t start printing. To note, I haven’t seen it turn any color since I got it. It never turned teal to set up the Wifi either. I feel like it might be an issue with the button. :frowning:

I’m so sorry to hear your button is not lighting up.

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.