Buying Stock in Glowforge

This is probably way too early to bring this up, but I figured I would anyways. :wink:

The SEC has recently changed it rules and is allowing non-accredited investors to invest in a company. Basically, its crowdfunding, but you can get stock in the company instead of just a product.

http://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2015-249.html

In the future, do you think GF would decide to go this route, give a chance for non-angel investors to buy stock in your company?

2 Likes

I’d love to be able to make that happen. Unfortunately the laws permitting that are pretty onerous, so it wouldn’t make sense for us as a business to offer that - it would cost us a lot of money and mean a ton of paperwork, time that could be spent building product.

2 Likes

I figured that would be the case. I just wanted to throw the idea out there in case it becomes more feasible when you guys are at GF 2 or 3.

1 Like

Lord knows I’d invest a ton in you guys, if permitted! And all I’d ever do is offer ideas on making it better, as I’ve been doing, but I’d never push em; you guys know what you are doing, and know what are / are not good ideas…

4 Likes