Bypass the Material Thickness Error

Hey guys! Anyway to bypass the material thickness error? I know my calculations are correct and there is plenty of clearance but the error causes me not to continue on with the print? These are prints ive done in the past successfully exactly the same way. So I’m confused. I’ve been reading in other threads that people are able to ignore them and print anway. Is there a way to do that? Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve seen that error, but I have seen it and just ignored it, I think. Not sure why it comes up, but I would try just clicking on it or on the background and see if it goes away.

You can get that error if the red laser that measures the material hits a void in the material. It won’t know where to set the autofocus, so I think you have to set each manual focus on every operation to a value different than the material thickness (i.e. to indicate not auto, in your case, perhaps 0.01" higher than your material thickness?). And then it should let you ignore the error.

3 Likes

Thank you! Worked like a charm!!!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! Thanks for the tip @markwal.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.

Useful details would be:

• Are you seeing this problem with or without the crumb tray installed?
  • Could you share some photos of your setup in the Glowforge, and any screen shots that might help?