Cable going bad?

I had to replace one cable last year , now another year has gone by and wondering is that cable going bad again. ?

My glowforge is showing signs such as not moving at start up , not booting up .
Stuck on scanning , Does that sound like the Cable again ???

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your unit recently. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and you’re correct that the issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid.

If you haven’t done so already, please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes.

When I first got the new cable I taped it well so that I would not have someone accidentally open the lid to far,
so I am sure that did not happen this time, I notice the more I press on the cable the more problems I am having,
now im stuck in calibrating.

Can I get a new cable please ?

One thing I did notice is that the Adhesive and the Duct Tape I used to keep it in place was loose,
It must fall on top of that laser and get heated over time.

How can I get a new cable as fast as possible.
Thank you.

Thank you for letting us know that you’ve checked your cable and the connections appear to be in good condition. I’m going to close this thread, and I’ll be in touch with you very soon via email to sort out the details of getting a replacement out to you.