Cake day passthrough project

Exactly 3 years ago today, I purchased my glowforge pro. Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy cake day. I spent the weekend scaling up a project to test the pass through slot, as I rarely use that feature. This is a multi-layered piece that measures about 26 in by 19 in, and is the biggest thing I’ve created on my glowforge to date. I’m still waiting on a piece of clear acrylic that’s big enough to fit through the pass through as I’m going to make this glow red as an edge lit wall art. The pass through software worked perfectly, and all eight layers printed successfully and lined up very well. Makes you want a Mira 9 or something with a larger bed though. I’ll post the finished project once the acrylic arrives and I’m able to cut it.

Compared to the original.

78 Likes

Fantastic! :partying_face:

6 Likes

That is beautiful!

Out of the park

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished product with the clear acrylic. Plus…Happy Cake Day. :grin:

5 Likes

Awesome print! I too am looking forward to seeing it glow.

And Happy Cake Day!

4 Likes

Wow! You’ve been busy on your third cake day! So happy for you… :champagne: :champagne: :champagne: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :moon_cake: :moon_cake: :moon_cake: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Woohoo, Happy 3 Cake Day!

2 Likes

That’s beautiful! Belated happy cake day!

2 Likes

Wow, that is amazing!

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Holy smokes! What a super cool piece of layered art!

2 Likes

great chair background. this is pretty awesome. thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Looks great. And Happy Day After Cake Day!

1 Like

An amazing project!!! I love the pass-through projects. It is an amazing feature!

Happy belated cake day!!!

3 Likes

Beautiful! And Happy Belated Cake Day

3 Likes

Go Badger!!! I love the Union chair design in the background. This is awesome!!! I am totally impressed. I only have a basic GF but now I think I should totally try. Do you mind if I use the same design? It is so clever!

1 Like

Only another Badger would recognize the Terrace Chair sunburst. Notice how I used the colors associated with the real terrace chairs? All of these elements, like the Bucky Badger and Sunburst are trademarked, so these are personal projects to add to my collection. You’re welcome to use these elements knowing that they are protected by copyright.

1 Like

image0.jpeg
Yeah… I have one at home (mini version that is). I was just wondering if the complete design was copyrighted too… but yes, I would like to make one similar for my office…

1 Like

I created the entire piece in illustrator, so the design is mine. You can try and re-create.

What brand and kind of paint do you use? Anything special? I use cheaper acrylic and it is not so brilliant. This looks really nice.

1 Like