Cakeday

That is a serious lemon!

Mine are on the large side but, not anywhere near that big. There are a lot of them, though. Seen here behind the fennel (lemons+fennel+ sockeye from a fishing friend = gravlax, in progress).

5 Likes

Do Meyer Lemon trees have thorns? Cause that ponderosa fought back at harvest time.

I need to find another lemon that isn’t quite so hard to harvest.

1 Like

Very few thorns on mine. I found one small one after searching for a couple minutes.

The other (non-Meyer) lemon start produces inch-long spikes, though. The last repotting was scary.

I highly recommend the Improved Meyer lemon. Mine and one I planted for a relative are both doing great and, producing lots of really nice fruit.

3 Likes

My, what BIG lemons who have Jules, I never knew! :flushed:

4 Likes

:rofl: That really struck me as funny!

I used to go out and cut one for the cup of juice I needed to make a large batch of lemon curd. (Got a cup and a half of juice out of one of the big ones right before the freeze.)

4 Likes

It looks like your Cakeday is the day after mine. Wild.

Happy Cakeday!

1 Like

CAkeday for @Jules!!!

2 Likes

Yahoooo! Happy Cakeday @Jules! :star_struck::bouquet::dizzy::zap::cake::cake::cake::birthday:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you so much! :smile:

5%20-%20Copy

6 Likes

Happy cake day.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @jbpa! And happy Cakeday @PlGHEADED! :grinning::firecracker::sparkles::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::tanabata_tree::boom::gift::birthday:

4 Likes

@jbpa…hope your birthday is fantastic…and it’s your cakeday, @PlGHEADED! You’ve been around a long time and we’re the better for it.

2 Likes

Yes, happy Cakeday @PlGHEADED and happy birthday @jbpa! I tried to copy/paste my birthday jingle but my iPad is not cooperating with a Discourse this morning.

2 Likes

Thank You!!!

1 Like

Happy Cakeday @geek2nurse! :grinning::balloon::tada::sparkles::confetti_ball::firecracker::boom:

2 Likes

Oh, wow! I didn’t even know! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Happy Cakeday!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @jbv! :sunglasses::+1::birthday::candy::lollipop::custard::champagne::wine_glass::confetti_ball::balloon::tada:
(Party hard dude!)

4 Likes

Happy Day of the Cake @hansepe! :grinning::cake::tongue::tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

4 Likes

@hansepe…wishing you a delightful cakeday! Glad you’re here.

3 Likes