Cakeday

Six going on seven years now :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Happiest Day of the Cake to both @deirdrebeth and @wesleyjames! :tada: :carousel_horse: :partying_face: :champagne: :balloon: :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

@deirdrebeth ā€¦itā€™s been 6 long and joyous years making stuff with our Glowforges. Happy cakeday! And, @wesleyjames ā€¦6 years for you, too. Such a great time, all of us together. Happy cakeday!

And PSā€¦"as @dklgood pointed outā€¦weā€™ve not been making stuff for quite 6 years ā€œwishing and hoping and guessing what it was going to be like to have a laserā€ā€¦but, weā€™ve all been in this same ā€˜boatā€™ for 6 years.

10 Likes

Look at all the six year anniversaries that have happened recently. I know what we all were doing at this time in 2015 - wishing and hoping and guessing what it was going to be like to have a laser and wondering a little bit about what we might be getting ourselves into. Turns out for me it was getting into a really great community that I would never have met had it not been for my leap of faith and Glowforge. Happy cakeday @deirdrebeth and @wesleyjames :champagne:

10 Likes

Happy Cake Day @deirdrebeth and @wesleyjames! I sure am glad that you and the rest of the 6-year alums got your :glowforge:s and have stuck around to help out the newer classes.

9 Likes

Wow ā€¦ happy Cake Day @deirdrebeth and @wesleyjames !

:cake: :fireworks: :tada: :sparkler: :fireworks: :tada: :sparkler: :cake:

It is so great to hang out with you guys!!!

7 Likes

Thank you all! Part of me wishes Iā€™d spent more time here before the :glowforge: actually existed, but at the same time the complete lack of worry about whether it was going to happen was probably better for my sanity :stuck_out_tongue: The time I did spend here was SO informative though! As so many have said before, itā€™s wild to me that Iā€™m still here this regularly so many years later. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a single other consumer forum Iā€™ve stayed on that long - and itā€™s you folks I have to thank for that!

10 Likes

Happy Cakeday @deirdrebeth. 6 years in the funhouse :crazy_face:

9 Likes

How about it @wesleyjames was interned the very same day! Congratulations for 6 years and counting.

11 Likes

Sneaking an early congratulations for @trually
Happy Cake Day!
:partying_face::tada:

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been really quiet around hereā€¦ buy I just passed 6 years. I like you people. Whenever I pop back in I am still really happy with the level of camaraderie and good vibes. Over an appliance. (sorry, I didnā€™t mean it!)
I got my second Glowforge and incorporated my hobby as an LLC this year. Iā€™m making like crazy here and also designing and sending to print all the Glowforge jobs for a shop 40 miles from here. (Isnā€™t it nice to be the Glowforge operator from a remote location!?!)
Iā€™ve got a business account with a local wood supplier and Iā€™m pretty friendly with my plastic shop.
So While Iā€™m not on the forum as much, its partly because the kids need differently than they did in 2017, and partly because Iā€™m USING my trio of machines a lot.
All the best to all of you.

16 Likes

How nice to hear from you, an old timer here from the beginning. I am so glad that things are going well for you, that you have multiple machines, and that you continue to design and create.

Happy New Year

8 Likes

Hey, you got busy too, huh? Glad to see youā€™re still running and gunning! Congrats on your success! :grinning:

9 Likes

Congratulations, and itā€™s so nice to hear back from you. Wow, 6 yearsā€¦I have a ways to go before I catch up.

@trually Happy Cakeday! :candle: :cake: :fireworks:

10 Likes

Great to ā€˜seeā€™ you againā€¦and so nice to hear all about what youā€™ve been doing while away. Was really nice of you to drop in to say hello. Wishing all the best to you, too.

6 Likes

Happiest of cakedays, @trually :champagne: :champagne: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Thanks everybody! Hard to believe itā€™s been two years!

7 Likes

Happy Cakeday! (Two years of fun, with more to come!) :partying_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :balloon: :confetti_ball: :tada: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Happiest of Birthdays @markevans36301 ! :partying_face: :birthday: :candy: :lollipop: :champagne: :boom: :musical_note: :notes: :carousel_horse: :small_airplane: :balloon: :tada: :confetti_ball:
(Another quiet year survived.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Hey, Markā€¦happy happy birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful day and many happy returns.

7 Likes