Calibrating... Calibrating... Calibrating

How were you able to tell if it was blocking the packets?

I tried rebooting router, glowforge and shutting down the app but, alas, still in calibration.

Bummer. Last resort is to turn it off, go have dinner, and try again later. (Which you’ve already figured out…doesn’t usually take more than about 45 minutes or so though…usually.)

When I connected via my Mac or iOS I was connected tho the Operating system log into this wifi screen but it was an immediate success, so all I had to do was close the window or screen and I could go on with whatever internet I needed. when it was really bad I’d see that behavior several times a day.

Wise advice. I think a break is in order. Ill shut it down and check back in in another hour or so. Ill keep you all updated!

The time I was correct that it was a mechanical issue the process for fixing it was laid out. For quite a while mine was loose sometimes working and sometimes not, but since setting this properly I have not had that issue,

I’m so sorry you’re still having trouble.

Can you walk through the process of removing and reinserting the lens in the head in our cleaning guide:
https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning#things-that-need-wiping

(Be sure to confirm the lens orientation according to the pictures and instructions.)

Please let us know if that makes any difference.

Hi pip, I can confirm that this has been done and that the lens is in the correct orientation. I actually did this before posting anything as I was hoping it would help (mentioned in the first post). Unfortunately my glowforge still gets hung up frequently. :confused:

My thought was also possibly the lens as well from your description.

Calibration has a few different routines. An initial calibration when it turns on, which calibrates the location of the head (it goes under the camera in the middle, etc). And then a lens calibration which occurs at power on and after each job (or after a job is cancelled).

I’m not sure if Support has looked at your logs… which is maybe why they went that direction with the lens reseating process.

But, if you’re curious about whether it’s a WiFi/hotspot issue with the ATT set up, you could possibly try hotspotting off of your mobile device and see if that changes anything. (You would need to hold the button for about 10 seconds after it boots up and then redo the setup process to connect to your phone)

Thanks so much for your patience. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace or repair this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.