Calibrating - Keeping a Round Hole Round?

Hey GF Team!

I love my GF, and absolutely love all of the wonderful products folks have been posting! I’m having a bit of an issue with my GF though, and figured folks must have a solution.

I recently cut out some coasters, but they are a bit oval-ish. Not noticeably until you stack them and the edges don’t line up. Yes, I checked my file in InkScape to be sure it was round as an input.

I’ve also noticed when building boxes, my corners are not exactly 90 degrees, and my “square” cut outs don’t line up with the “square” holes when rotated 90 deg.

This leads me to the conclusion that my GF might not be aligned correctly somehow. The tube doesn’t appear to be askew, but again, most of this is not noticeable until measuring or aligning parts.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

This might help

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/perfect-squares

3 Likes

Thanks @jbmanning5!

@jonreneberg

Can you try these steps and let me know if they help? If not, please let me know the date and time of the most recent print that wasn’t aligned correctly.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.