Throwing my hat into the ring with a unit stuck in ‘Calibration Limbo.’
I have followed everything I could find in the forums
- Restarted everything, from modem to laser, in order
- Moved the head under the camera(with power off & unplugged)
- Cleaned everything (with power off & unplugged)
- Let it sit for >30 minutes while “calibrating”
- Ventilation has been disconnected to the outside world for 8-ish hours. The room here is probably low 70s (F).
- Held The Button for ~10 seconds until it turned green and reconnected it to the wi-fi
This started after a couple hours of printing with the GF, and while starting my final print of the day it stopped responding: the app & the laser.
After moving the head under the camera, the unit will make a few clicking noises upon powering on, then just the whir of GF sitting there. After ~6 minutes it will move the head directly under the camera IF and ONLY IF it can see a portion of the head.
Somewhere between 15 & 30 minutes it will then move the head to the left side of the bed, but the rail will not traverse to the “top left.”
Around the 60 minute mark I say GOOD DAY SIR and try again.
The app shows an image from about 8 hours ago, right before the last attempt to print something.
It does this whether I open a file i made or a GF Catalog item. Currently i have the metric ruler loaded. The previous hour was dedicated to the leather cable ties. There is no material in the GF, just the crumb tray.
I know the wi-fi is strong as I have an ipod that cannot connect to a cell tower and watched a couple minutes of youtube on it, right above the GF, without issue. Also attempted to fast-forward the video to outstrip the buffer, but was unable.