Camera adjusting for shadow

My camera is seeing shadows & the extra light from the LEDs & adjusting for it in print. See the lines by his elbow? Any quick fix?

I don’t think the camera has an impact on the file. The camera adjusts the focus height and assists in placement, but does not add or subtract from the code of a file.

1 Like

Correct. The lid camera takes a bed image for design placement before and after printing (UI shows “scanning”). That’s the only time it’s used. The head camera is only used for setting focus, and precision alignment with passthrough alignment or snapmarks.

1 Like

I’m sorry your print didn’t turn out as expected. The information our community members shared regarding the lid camera is correct. The camera can be used with the Trace feature to scan images such as a drawing on paper placed into your Glowforge. For regular prints, however, all of the information for the cut, score or engrave is taken from the file you upload.

If you’d like, you can upload a copy of your file here or send it to us in an email and we’d be happy to compare it with the print and then suggest next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.