Camera blurry and doesn't detect material code sometimes

I think the glue they use is making the glass on the inside foggy and hence the blurry lid camera on a lot of units. I own a cell phone shop and see it all the time.

You could post a shot of your GFUI, but likely your camera is no blurrier than most. The camera is a serious fisheye - and seems blurry except directly beneath where you set focus (or dead center if you haven’t set focus).

This is what it looks like before the algorithm makes it look flat for us!

If it’s not reading the codes in the lower right corner you can put it into the upper left - but honestly it’s so much easier to just select the material from the drop-down list and if you remove the labels before you put it in there’s no risk of an engrave getting messed up because part of hits the sticker and part doesn’t.

The lid camera picks up debris at a faster rate than any other lens. I clean mine with a lens wipe every 10 - 15 hours run time.

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing difficulties with your Lid Camera. The lid camera of your Glowforge takes two pictures as part of every print job, both a ‘before’ picture before the print starts, and an ‘after’ picture when the cooldown process completes after your print. These images are transformed and used in the interface to help you see your design. It’s completely normal for the lid camera to seem less clear towards the edges of the preview.

With that being said, I’ve extracted your machine logs and your Glowforge appears to be working within specifications. To ensure this, I’d like you to run a test print with default settings on Proofgrade materials. At your earliest convenience, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Let us know when you’ve completed the print so we can review it and determine the next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.