Camera Calibration?

Do I have to do the Camera Calibration every time I change the height of my platform I am using.

For instance if I am not using the stock tray. ?

No, just use “set focus” in those instances.
Run the calibration again if you move your entire GF or you notice the calibration has drifted off.

7 Likes

In my case I had to run it again when it turned out I’d broken one of the wheels on my desk and it was sagging in the front corner. It’s pretty big things…I’d probably do it after a 6+ earthquake, but not after a 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Thanks for the help @ekla!

@coalakida I’m so sorry for the delayed response. You should use the camera calibrator if you find that the alignment of your Glowforge is off by more than 1/4". The Set Focus target allows you to select an area to take a precision measurement of your material’s height using the red dot in the printer head. Here’s a helpful tutorial that shows how to use it: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/alignment#UsingSetFocus

I’m going to close this thread, should you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to open a new thread, or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like